The staff and team members at Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference are pleased to offer numerous resources to support and inform pastors and church leaders.
Amigo Centre: Pastors are invited to spend time in retreat at Amigo Centre, Sturgis, MI, using the walking trails and the Nature and Activities centers. Amigo offers a reduced price per night for the room for a pastor (no extra charge for spouse); meal costs are discounted if meals are already being served. Call (269) 651-2811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advent/Lent planners (AMBS)
- Everence Sharing Fund matching grants
- Pastoral Studies Distance Education (AMBS)
- Pastors Week (AMBS)
- School for Leadership Training (EMS)
- Summer Institute for Spiritual Formation (EMS)
There are a number of Service Resources available including work with:
- Mennonite Central Committee (MCC)
- Mennonite Mission Network
- Prayer of Examen Handout: This resource was created by IMMC Pastor Terri Geiser. The Prayer of Examen asks some form of the questions, “Where did I feel closest to God” with appropriate thanksgiving and praise, “Where did I feel furthest from God” with confession and asking for forgiveness followed with a reaffirmation and recommitment of faith. It is often done at the end of the day but can easily be adapted to other time frames – weekly, monthly, yearly, etc. and used either as an individual or group activity.
- Advent/Lent Planners (AMBS): These annual events take place in fall (for Advent) and winter (for Lent) and are based on the worship resources published in Leader Magazine. More information and upcoming dates can be found at AMBS Church Leadership Center workshops.