Spring has arrived at Amigo Centre. The birds are out in full force. Geese, swans, Sandhill cranes and even a loon have taken up residence on Perrin Lake. This spring is going to feel different at camp and we invite your prayers for the coming months. Amigo Centre has seen a significant drop in revenue for the next four months.
Due to Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order our offices are closed. Staff are working from home. Our phone is forwarded to various staff persons throughout the week so you will be able to get in contact with someone if needed. It might take a little to get back to you. Please be patient.
We are hoping and praying that summer camp will happen. We encourage you to sign up if possible. We are waiving the deposit amount because of the uncertainty ahead of us. It will help us with planning for staff and what is needed headed into the summer. We plan to make a decision by May 8 about summer camp.
We are planning to open Amigo Park on May 15th. We are still planning on that unless the Governor of Michigan extends her Executive Order limiting non-essential business operations. Please continue to make reservations. We’ll all need a week of camping after being stuck in our homes for so long.
We have been wrestling with how we can do camp while not being at camp. This past weekend we held a virtual retreat by posting a sequence of videos from around camp on Facebook. We have time lapses, wildlife videos and even a campfire for you to enjoy. We’re in this together so if you have ideas please pass them on.
How you can help:
- Tell a friend about Amigo Centre.
- Follow us on social media. (we weren’t super active before and we’re slowly learning). We’re posting videos, activity ideas and updates about Amigo Centre.
- Sign up for our email newsletters and forward to others.
- Pray for us.
- Stay home. Do your part to stop the spread and we’ll all be able to sit around a campfire soon.
- Give financially. It is not lost on us that many are facing financial uncertainty right now. Right now contributions are what are allowing us to continue to pay our bills and staff. You can mail donations to 26455 Banker St Sturgis MI 49091 or give on our website at org/donate
-Matt Ropp, Executive Director at Amigo Centre