- Due to low registrations the two pastoral gatherings – April in Detroit, Mich., and September in Brown County Ind. – have been cancelled. While this is disappointing, we do not want to spend energy on events that are not helpful. We welcome ideas for alternate ways to offer the information.
- Doug is working with six congregational committees in active pastoral searches. He also connected with several people regarding credentials while in Indianapolis for the delegate meeting. No credentialing services are scheduled at this time, but several will be coming in future months.
- John Powell is planning a May 11 leadership summit for Michigan churches.
- Leadership Enhancement Team is planning a November pastor retreat. All pastors will receive information as the plans develop.
- The mid-states conferences (Illinois, Ohio, Central District and Indiana-Michigan) are planning a May orientation to the new Ministerial Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure for conference staff, boards and credentialing groups. We are working with Nancy Kauffmann, denominational minister for this daylong orientation. Mennonite Church Canada and Mennonite Church USA released the policy in November 2016.